Sweet and sour lemon pickle
Khatta-Metha Nimbu ka achar is a deliciously oil-free, Sweet and sour lemon pickle.
- Sweet lemon pickle is delicious oil-free.
- The sweet lemon is a unique pickle, in a crushed form and not the regular lemon pickle with pieces.
- This pickle is naturally preserved and matured in small batches to enhance the flavors which give this pickle a homely taste and traditional aromas.
- In this pickle lemon is the main ingredient.
- To give this lemon pickle a quality taste each lot of lemon is carefully selected and mixed with natural spices and ingredients.
- 800 grams lemons/nimbu Indian yellow lemons.
- 150 grams salt/ namak
- ¾ tsp turmeric powder / haldi powder
- 5 tsp red chilli powder/ laal mirch powder
- 5 tsp cumin seeds/ sabut jeera
- 5 tsp fenugreek seeds / methidana
- 1 tsp mustard seeds / rai
- 2 tbsp ginger/ adrak grated
- ½ tsp asafoetida / hing powder
- 1 cup sugar/ chini
- 2 cups of jaggery/ gur
Health benefits of lemon pickle
- It controls heart diseases.
- It builds immunity.
- It contains antioxidants.
- Reduces muscle cramps.
- It contains zero cholesterol.
- you can enjoy this flavor full of sweetness with dry snacks like chips, Indian chewdas, and khakras.
- You can have it with parathas, curd rice, etc.
- Upma with lemon pickle is an unbeatable pairing.